GaN Integrated Primary Side Controller for Flyback Converter
The HL9584 is part of the primary flyback controller family of devices integrated with GaNSEN. The HL9584 is a flyback controller that incorporates 650V with 450mΩ GaN power SenseFET. It operates in a quasi-resonant (QR) and continuous conduction mode (CCM) to significantly enhance system efficiency and power density. The control method is based on the load conditions: for heavy load, the valley switching with fixed blanking time is applied; and for medium load, the valley switching with variable blanking time is applied to optimize efficiency. In addition, it offers constant output voltage (CV) regulation through opto-coupler with shunt regulator.
Wide VDD operating ranges can be allowed for variable output mode applications, such as USB-PD/PPS or conventional DP/DN protocol communication.
The HL9584 has protections, such as VDD over-voltage protection (VDD OVP), VDMAG over-voltage protection (VDMAG OVP), VDMAG under-voltage protection (VDMAG UVP), internal over-temperature protection (OTP), brown-out protection, and externally triggered shut-down (SD) function for safety.
- Integrated eMode GaN SenseFET
- Low 450mΩ Rds(on) resistance
- High average efficiency by QR and CCM switching operation
- Wide VDD operating ranges up to 80V
- Smart driver and frequency hopping for better EMI performance
- Built-in current sensing circuit
- Integrated high-voltage (HV) startup to reduce external components
- Ultra-low standby power consumption (<20mW)
- Limit power source (LPS) with adaptive constant current protection (CC)
- Adaptive current sense limit
- Over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and internal over-temperature protection (OTP)
- Thermal shunt down protection through external NTC resistor (SD)
- Brown-in protection and brown-out protection
- Current sense short protection (CSSP)
- Abnormal over-current protection (AOCP)
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at firstname.lastname@example.org.